Sunday, November 16, 2008

Women's soccer

I'm a fan of sports. I like watching sports, I like reading about sports. Some sports I'd rather read about than watch!


Anything to do with whitewater kayaking is always fun, whether it's slalom or freestyle or extreme racing. Australian rules football is the greatest, fastest, most exciting ball sport you can watch. Basketball is always fun, although sometimes it can get a little repetitive. I always like to see a good game of Union and that's a sport that's always interesting to read about, due to the sheer complexity of the sport. Tennis is nice for something different to do, more than happy to sit down and watch a bit of Wimbledon, same with cycling and the Tour (the greatest individual sporting event on earth). I can even watch cricket for a while, although I prefer test cricket to the pap that is 20/20, and I like reading about cricket, because lets face it, who can be bothered watching 5 days of it?

But I can't stand golf. Not a fan of Rugby League. The Olympics generally leaves me pretty cold. And I have never liked soccer. Never. I've paid attention to it, especially when Australia has featured on a world stage, and watching the Australian team play is a bit more interesting than your run of the mill soccer game, in which I always fail to get even a little bit interested.

But lately, the ABC has been running women's soccer occasionally and I've seen a couple of games. It's really entertaining stuff, far superior to the men's version. The girls go hard, they attack the ball and they hammer each other. I haven't seen any diving (the biggest bane of the stupid sport), just lots of tough tackles and attacking playing. Occasionally they'll be on a break away and then pass the ball backwards as a safe option (another bane of the sport), rather than going for the goal on a fast break. Possibly they don't play at the same level because the skill levels aren't quite as good, but when the product is much more entertaining, who gives a toss?





This is entertaining sport, it's fun to watch and you get to see pretty girls. Why not give it a look?





Schedule



Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......