Saturday, June 6, 2009

Here come the clog wogs...

I think the headline says it all.

Dutch humiliate England in T20 opener.

I think this is absolutely fantastic. Firstly, because nobody really likes the English, so it´s nice to have something to rub their noses in.

But the main reason is because 20-20 is just not cricket. Sure, it has a bat and a ball, but it´s not cricket in any traditional sense of the game. Having a super power such as England lose to a minnow such as Holland illustrates this in a way that nothing else does.

Personally I think it´s great that the Dutch have done so well, but we shouldn´t gloat too much, after all, it´s happened once, the next time Canada will probably beat Australia!

cheers

Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......