Monday, May 17, 2010

Move along people...

I'm a massive fan of Mark Steyn's writing. He's funny and acerbic while still getting his point across. His gross generalisations have to be the best in the business.

How about this line about female genital mutilation?


A few years back, I thought even fainthearted Western liberals might draw the line at “FGM.” After all, it’s a key pillar of institutional misogyny in Islam: Its entire purpose is to deny women sexual pleasure. True, many of us hapless Western men find we deny women sexual pleasure without even trying, but we don’t demand genital mutilation to guarantee it. On such slender distinctions does civilization rest.

The rest of the article can be found here. It's worth a read, even if you disagree with him.

And what happens if Islam does take over? Well for a start, you don't get to look at pictures of attractive women. Here's some examples of what you wouldn't be able to see...
or



or even
Apparently Cheryl Cole is a host of X-Factor in Britain. I had no idea, I'd just seen her photo in English newspapers!
One last thing. I remembered reading this and thought I should include it. It is an absolutely hilarious satire about trying to solve the mystery of the recent attempted bombing in New York. I can recommend it highly enough.
Cheers
Dr Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......