Saturday, January 17, 2009

While we have seen what was thought to be impossible - a black President elected in the US - why do the Bush bashers want to deny Iraqis freedom? Why can't Iraqis also have the audacity of hope?

In today's Weekend Australia there is a letter to the editor from an A.Khat, of Ryde, NSW, an Iraqi living in Australia. I've copied the last paragraph of his letter for your benefit above.

I personally think that that is absolutely spot on. Instead of carrying on about one of the least violent wars in history shouldn't we be encouraging a little bit of military action in Zimbabwe, Sudan, et al? Why shouldn't other people have the opportunities that we have? And I mean opportunities, not lots of aid that goes into the pockets of bureacrats and despots and helps to keep a population marginalised, but the opportunity to have a say in their government, live a life free from violence and attempt to make something better of themselves?

Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......