Monday, March 2, 2009

Hey Virgin Blue!

What's with airlines and emergency exit rows? I got asked on Monday if I'd like to sit there, which of course I would. I was checking in early, I'm youngish and obviously reasonably fit. Suppose the time came when I actually had to grasp the red handle, open the door, turn it around and throw it outside, I feel reasonably confident that I could.

So why, out of 6 people in my row, were 4 of them 2 couples in their fifties, if not their sixties? I do not believe that most little old ladies have the strength to do what you need to do if you sit in that row. And hubby next to her had a knee brace around his leg as well, don´t see him putting a lot of weight on that leg.

So who´s to blame? I don´t know this, but I think people are selecting the emergency rows when they select their seat online. This immediately seems dodgy to me. You should at least have to pass some rudimentary visual test to sit there. At the least.

Not that it´s just virgin. I was on an airnorth flight once when a granny who was at least 80 was in the emergency exit row. She was moved to another seat but her ancient husband stayed there. Safe? No way

Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......