Saturday, March 21, 2009

impulse purchases

As we all know (presumably), when you go to the supermarket they always have lollies, drinks and magazines at the checkout. These are there for ¨impulse¨ purchases, ie you didn´t actually go to the supermarket to get the latest copy of Who Weekly, but when you saw it you just couldn´t resist.

Yesterday I was having a bit of a stroll around Quito´s ¨Old Town¨. While there I saw a number of people walking around offering items for sale. The most common you see is guys hawking sunglasses. It just rained a little while ago and a few guys were out trying to flog umbrellas.

But riddle me this. Who, while walking around, suddenly goes ¨hey, you know what I really need right now? Some clothes pegs! Hey look, there´s a lady walking around selling some, how convenient!¨ Other items for sale I saw included batteries and dustpans (sans brooms). It just seems a little strange to me, but hey, what do I know?

Harry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......