Wednesday, May 6, 2009

who will survive the bloody carnage of this particular war?




Apparently we now have a swimsuit war.  Who knew?

Bohl has recently returned from Europe where he witnessed the hysteria that has grown there with the emergence of a new player in the market, the Italian-designed polyurethane Jaked suit, which has sparked a flurry of world records. 

"If the Jaked is allowed for the world titles every world record will be broken. And I'm not sure that our kids will have access to it (the suit)," Bohl said.

I think the concept is ridiculous.  I propose that all swimmers in all meets should swim in nothing more than budgie smugglers (guys) and minimal one pieces (girls).  I´d be happy with bikinis as well.  The sport is called SWIMMING not SWIMWEAR DESIGNING.

I wholeheartedly believe in the advancement of science and technology and think these new innovations are fantastic, I just don´t believe that they have a place in a sport where an athlete can win or lose depending on which company´s swim suit they wear.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......