Monday, December 15, 2008

You fat bastard, you fat bastard you ate all the pies!

And the pasties too! And the pasties too!









Why do we constantly accept fat people? Why is alright to be a porker? Why isn't it alright to be judgemental of someone who's eating for two, even when they're not pregnant?



People routinely complain about "celebrity obsession" and our ideal of the "perfect body" and tell us that fat people are actually happier. Well are they? They certainly can't be healthier. After all, if you're eating lots of vegies, drinking lots of water and doing lots of exercise to keep yourself looking trim, surely you're a lot happier than some fatty on the couch eating pies and looking for crumbs that have fallen into their fat rolls. And I don't know about other people, but I enjoy not needing a crane to lower me onto the toilet and not running out of breath everytime I walk up 3 consecutive steps. And at a minimum, doing exercise is going to give you an endorphin kick which should make you happy at least temporarily.







The reason I bring this up is because of this article here about how we accept fat people, even though they basically suffer from a self induced disability. Even if you don't like the writer (many won't), you should check it out anyway, see what you think.


I've actually read about the Canadian deal elsewhere and it does seem a bit ridiculous to me. I have trouble fitting in airline seats because my legs are too long. If I don't get in the emergency exit I normally have a pretty uncomfortable flight of it, why can't they help a brutha out?






Anyway, thought you might be interested.






cheers



Harry



ps: none of the photos above really have much to do with this post at all. Oh well, sue me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the Hiphopopotumus, my lyrics are bottomless......